My name is Mike Burman.
This website provides information about:
- common questions our clients ask
- practical solutions our clients use
- information on personal injury and wrongful death law practice
- information on the parts of a typical injury or death case
Click “Ask Mike FAQs” for articles written by me to frequently asked questions about Kentucky and Tennessee personal injury and wrongful death cases. Submit your suggestions or questions you need answered. For more information about Mike Burman, click “Meet Mike.”
Here are a some of my qualifications
- Appealed: Lanier v. Wal-Mart Stores Inc., 99 S.W.3d 431 (Ky. 2003) which changed the law regarding premises liability in Kentucky and has since been cited in over 40 cases, the 6th Circuit U. S. Court of Appeals, and in the State Courts of six states.
- Jury Trial: Successfully battled GEICO in case titled Miller v. GEICO Insurance Co., Case No. 12-CI-00460, Christian Circuit Court, Kentucky resulting in a jury verdict that found GEICO acted without reasonable foundation when it stopped paying insurance benefits.
- Presenter: Kentucky Association of Trial Attorneys – “Case Management Software” (2010)
- Presenter: Kentucky Justice Association – “Personal Injury Protection Benefits” (2015)
- Author: “HB 620 Would Have Reversed Lanier v. Wal-Mart,” The Advocate, Volume 31, Number 3 (May/June 2004) Click Here
- Author: “Using Lanier in Your Slip-and-Fall Case,” The Advocate, Volume 31, Number 4 (September/October 2004)
- Author: “Winning the No-fault Medical Loss Claim,” The Advocate, Volume 43, Number 5 (September/October 2015)
- Board Member (former): The Clarksville Academy, Clarksville, Tennessee
- Member (active): Kentucky, Tennessee and American Justice Associations
- Member (active): Academy of Truck Accident Attorneys Bachelor of Political Science
- Graduate: University of Louisville
- Juris Doctor: Salmon P. Chase College of Law
- Licensed to Practice Law: Kentucky and Tennessee State and Federal Courts Previous Next
My office, Burman Law, is recognized as a leader in legal technology. We are constantly training and looking for ways to use robust technology to lessen the time it takes to litigate a case, and to make litigation less expensive. The Burman Law Client Portal is an example of our commitment to expanding legal services through technology.
My wife of more than 30 years, Lisa Burman, keeps me focused on the things that really matter, and my four children amaze me with their passion for education and drive to be the best.
I enjoy co-counseling with lawyers in tough cases, and helping people searching to “make right” a tough situation. I look forward to talking about your case.
Some Of Our Previous Cases
Believe it or not, this vehicle held a driver and three passengers, all of whom survived this crash. Mike represented the driver and two of
In this case, the injured driver came to Mike because the insurance company refused to pay medical bills under the injured driver's insurance policy. After
This tragedy involved a high school student in Logan County, Kentucky. On his way home, a truck driver with entered the intersection at the same