Injury or Wrongful Death Trial
Kentucky or Tennessee
- The Judge enters Courtroom; everyone stands out of respect for the rule of law.
- Judge or Court Clerk calls potential Jurors who take seat in jury box.
- Attorneys on both sides question potential Jurors.
- Jurors are chosen and seated; those not chosen are allowed to leave.
- Attorneys give opening arguments; the party bringing the lawsuit goes first.
- The party bringing the lawsuit puts on evidence and enters exhibits.
- The party defending the lawsuit puts on evidence and enters exhibits .
- After all evidence is presented, the Attorneys for each side give closing arguments but this time, the party defending the lawsuit goes first.
- After closing arguments, the Judge instructs the Jury on the law.
- The Jury deliberates in the jury room over the jury instructions and evidence.
- Once the Jury reaches a verdict, the verdict is read by the Judge.
- The Attorneys are allowed to make legal arguments regarding the verdict.
- The Judge enters the verdict onto the Court records.
- Lastly, the Judge dismisses the Jury and thanks them for their service.