Learn More About Your E-Bike or Moped Crash
"Here are six steps we take to help you learn more about your moped or e-bike crash case. Speed and inattention by the at-fault driver are usually the cause of the a moped or e-bike crash. Assisting me in these cases are four full-time paralegals who average 14+ years of experience. I know the law, the insurance companies, and the judges. I would be honored to represent you, and share what I have learned over 25+ years.” Mike Burman, Attorney at Law.
“My staff is knowledgeable and easy to work with. We keep you updated about your case. You will have no trouble reaching me when you need my help or have a question.” Mike Burman
Every driver has a duty to exercise ordinary Rental care for the safety of other persons using the highway. We investigate and prove fault by motorists who:
Personal injury and wrongful death cases require quick attention from an experienced personal injury law firm. Mike Burman is a personal injury attorney with the staff and financial resources needed to take on any insurance company. As your accident lawyer, Mike Burman and his law firm will work quickly to:
In every personal injury case or wrongful death case, we investigate and preserve evidence. We locate and contact all available witnesses. We notify all necessary parties and insurance companies, notify all lien-holders, gather and protect evidence and damages, prepare settlement demand, negotiate an accident settlement, resolve liens, and distribute a fair settlement to you. Automobile injury and death cases require quick attention from an experienced personal injury law firm. Mike Burman is a personal injury attorney with the staff and financial resources needed to take on any insurance company. As your accident lawyer, Mike Burman and his law firm will work quickly to answer all your questions and learn about your injuries-including those serious injuries that are oftentimes hard to find or overlooked, such as head injuries or labral tears in the hip.
Once evidence from the scene is secure, we use information technologies to transform this evidence into a visual representation of your bicycle crash to prove the harms and losses behind your injuries. Our in-house media service prepares professional digital charts, blowups, and videos while keeping costs under control. Our goal is to communicate your case so that anyone can “be sure” what happened and “understand” what should be done to right the wrong done to you. We work to provide the insurance adjuster with a thorough evaluation of your case so you achieve a full and fair out-of-court settlement. But if you must file suit, Burman Law will help prepare your case for trial. At trial, we will visualize your case to the jury, so the jury understands exactly what happened to you, and how your life changed. In this way, the jury has the power to come back with a verdict to help right the wrong done to you.
Insurance companies and insurance adjusters use several tactics to deny claims and pay less than the value of the claim. Some of the most common we see are:
You need no money to hire me. I am paid a reasonable fee out of the money paid to resolve your case. The decision to resolve your case is always yours to make. I work for you. All fees and costs will be transparent, upfront, and in writing. We are paid a percentage of the money recovered in your case. Many personal injury lawyers now charge a fee of 40% to begin your case. Our fee has been 1/3 for more than twenty-five plus years. We do not spend time or money on expensive Tv Ads, and we pass that savings on to you. There are no hidden disclaimers. We are transparent at all times.
With our free consultation and free case evaluation services, you can discuss your car accident case with Mike Burman in confidence. Mike will help you understand your rights and give you a plan of action based on real experience. There is never any pressure. We put all fees and case expenses in writing. As a Burman Law client, you will receive our free client portal so you can post anything you want 24/7/365. We respond to portal messages by the next business day, or sooner. And you can always contact Mike on his personal cell phone number which he will give you. Burman Law staff average ten years of paralegal experience. Mike has more than 25+ years of experience in personal injury and wrongful death involving car accidents and safety in Kentucky and Tennessee.
§ 189.294. Use of personal communication device by minor prohibited while operating motor vehicle, motorcycle, or moped in motion on traveled portion of roadway - Exclusions - Administrative regulations
(1) As used in this section, "personal communication device" shall have the same meaning as defined in KRS 189.292.
(2) Any person under the age of eighteen (18) who has been issued an instruction permit, intermediate license, or operator's license shall not operate a motor vehicle, motorcycle, or moped that is in motion on the traveled portion of a roadway while using a personal communication device, except to summon medical help or a law enforcement or public safety agency in an emergency situation.
(3) Use of a personal communication device does not include a stand-alone global positioning system, a global positioning or navigation system that is physically or electronically integrated into the motor vehicle, or an in-vehicle security, diagnostics, and communications system, but does include manually entering information into the global positioning system feature of a personal communication device.
(4) This section shall not apply to the use of a citizens band radio or an amateur radio by a motor vehicle operator.
(5) The secretary of the Transportation Cabinet may promulgate administrative regulations pursuant to KRS Chapter 13A to implement the provisions of this section, including but not limited to updates or advances in the automotive and information technology industries.
KY Rev. Stat. 189.294 Use of personal communication device by minor prohibited while operating motor vehicle, motorcycle, or moped in motion on traveled portion of roadway - Exclusions - Administrative regulations (Kentucky Revised Statutes (2022 Edition))